Thursday 30 August 2012

Creative Expressions DT call challenge.... Texture

Creative Expressions has a design team call out, they've given us a challenge to make something with stamping and texture. What a great excuse to get my mini art journal out and get messy....hang on...do I need an excuse??


 The ship has 3D sails
          I love the texture of the tissue with the highlights of gesso and paint from Adirondack dabbers.
              You can just see the perfect pearls mica powders on the letters shining in the lamp light too.




Before I coloured the page I pushed some gesso through a stencil with small circles and allowed it to dry. I then sprayed some blue Cosmic Shimmer and Adirondack colour wash on the page. I squirted some water and allowed it to run off leaving streaks. I scrunched up some blue tissue and stuck it down with pva glue to make the 3D waves. 


I used the quote, ship, ships wheel, telescope and the birds from the Weigh Anchor stamp set by Creative Expressions on the pages. The quote reads "If my ship sails from sight it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends"


                                                   I used a charcoal pencil around the quote.



I'm also entering this into Try it on Tuesday's Travel theme.
Oh how I'd like to sail away to somewhere warm,......but not on my rough waves!
Till next time x

**********************

Oh I nearly forgot a Felix update.
He's decided to join neighbourhood watch!
 Any noise and he's straight up on the windowsill, shoving his head through the blinds.
He's growing so fast...(it's all that sleep). He went for his second set of vaccines today, 
so he'll be able to go out soon and start a new adventure of discovery.


17 comments:

May said...

O my word Michelle , Your work is AmAzing.. love the textures, colours. design.. I could go on & on... Fantastic creation.. I wish you lots of luck with DT Spot.. you so deserve it!!

As for wee felix, Bless him he's a little nosey neighbour.. tee-hee.. He's Gorgeous x x x

Hugs May x x x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A real vibrant page, love the colours and textures, you had fun too! good luck with the dt call!!! Oh bless little Felix...you wait till he gets out there!!! What fun he will have! Hugs trace x

Victoria said...

Felix is such a sweetie! I have a funny photo a bit like this which I plan to blog next week! That next adventure will be very exciting for him!
Your page is absolutely incredible. Bags of texture and tons of vibrant colour. Fabulous!

Sandy said...

Good Morning Michelle! I too am a cat lady and have two cats. his picture of Felix id wonderful and really show exactly how curious a cat can be!!
Michelle I adore your art journal pages. You give me such inspiration. I am starting my very first art journal - let the games begin!!! Love your waves and colors. i just have to keep your blog up on my computer so I can read, read, read!!! I love your work!!!!
Sandy

Karin said...

wow the texture of the sea is amazing, a beautiful piece!!

Sandra said...

Wow!! Your work is stunning!!
Love it all.
Hugs
Sandra x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous project the textures, especially the sea look wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Evil Edna said...

wow that is awesome I love the three D effects, it teams with life. thank you for sharing this at TIOT.EE

Mrs.B said...

Great journal page, love the colour and textures.
Thaks for joining us at TioT
Avril

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic journal pages, love the texture from the tissue and Gesso. Great colours and depth too. Tracy x

Fallingladies said...

Wow, i love this, the color, the texture!

Marjie Kemper said...

Incredible texture and I love your blues, Michelle. Gorgeous pages! Good luck with the DT call... you pages are totally fab!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning sea pages - outrageously full of life and movement. Can't think how I've managed not to be following til now... but sorted now!!!
Alison x

Netty said...

wow loads of scrummy texture, loving your journal spread. Good luck with the DT call. Annette x

zandra said...

Great take on the challenge and love all the textures. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, LOVE your pages, so much texture...it's gorgeous. Good luck with the DT...Love ♥♥♥ Felix. S xx

Trina said...

This page looks amazing! I just saw it on a winners list for a challenge and rushed here hoping you had details. You did not disappoint! ;D Congrats on your win and awesome page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...