Wednesday 15 August 2012

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

This fortnight's Try it on a Tuesday (TIOT) challenge is a sketch to make whatever you want from. As soon as I saw this sketch I thought of my amazing Artistic Outpost Oz Collage stamps. I love these stamps. I couldn't wait to get cracking after seeing all the other cards on the TIOT blog. Besides which, my new kitten was asleep and I had a window of opportunity to get in the craft room.

Here is my interpretation of the sketch, I've missed making a card or two these days, but birthday season is coming up for me so I'll probably not feel the same way come November!



I used Kraft card 8x8", blue gingham to stamp on, TH brick wall embossing folder, Alla Prima paper on the inside and loads of Mustard Seed & Vintage Photo distress ink.

9 comments:

Evil Edna said...

I really like the colours that you've used, bright yet they carry the vintage feel of the book. I love the inside is so cared for and decorated. Thank you for sharing your piece at TIOT.EE

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, love your interpretation of the sketch especially those yellow bricks.
Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Victoria said...

I'm humming the tune now! I love how you've done the bricks which look smashing with the blue gingham... oh and the poppies are there too! So many happy memories! Though the monkeys were seriously weird...

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is a loVely card Michelle, the colours are great and loVe how you taken the papers inside to follow the theme through, I haven't made a card for eternity either I must remedy that...super work...Mel :)

Sandra Botham said...

This is fantastic hun, love it. x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love your yellow brick wall... so clever!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Michell, I love your interpretation of the sketch. Love the 'yellow brick road' with the sparkly red shoes.
Thanks for joining us at TioT this fortnight.
Avril

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, great textured background.

zandra said...

Great take on the challenge! Love the brick and ruby shoes. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...