Tuesday 2 October 2012

Tim Holtz Giant Christmas Tag & Creative Expressions Design Team

I'm so excited and delighted to have made it onto the Creative Expressions design team for 2012/2013. Along with 7 other very talented inspiring ladies, which includes my crafty buddy Trace Metcalf.

I'm on the team with:


So I'd like to say a big Hi to you all, and I'm excited to see what we all come up with.

 I will be making creations for October using the gorgeous Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Christmas Time stamp set


Here is my first design team piece using this stamp set. It's a giant Christmas tag. I love these giant manilla tags by Ranger (I have to give credit where credit is due, they were Dyan's idea though!).


I've stamped the holly around the edge of the tag in different shades of green Distress inks and stamped the poinsettia's with red Archival Ink. I cut them out to embellish the tag later.


I used the TH crackle stamp with gold paint over the entire tag and coloured in the berries with the Aged Mahogany Distress marker. Then I put Glossy Accents on the berries and the poinsettia's. The edges are distressed using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I love those bright red berries.


I stamped the sentiment and the Santa and tore around the edges, then distressed with more Vintage Photo. I curled the edges of the sentiment, to make it look like a scroll and coloured the Santa using TH Distress Ink pens, I love how Santa's coat looks like velvet.


I curled the edges of the holly and the poinsettia's to give them a 3D effect.



So the Christmas crafting begins. I love it.
I'm looking forward to my new adventure with Creative Expressions.
xxx

Welcome to all my new followers, you're all such an inspiration for me x

13 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a fab piece, lve the vintage feel and those large tags are on my wish list!!! Thrilled to be on the team with you crafty bud!! A great first piece, love the colours...trace x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag, love how you accented the berries, gives them fabulous dimension and I love the interest the crackle background gives. The poinsettias are gorgeous and his coat does look just like velvet. Gorgeous. Tracy x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi Michelle - CONGRATULATIONS on making the team, I must say I am not surprised I think your work is wonderful. - You must be very busy so thank you for taking the time to comment on my Silent Night card. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Sam

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the tag, so many clever little details that make it extra special. Good luck with the new DT xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Congratulations, well deserved. A gorgeous giant tag, wonderful work x

Sharon said...

Hi Michelle, congrats on the new DT and look forward to working with you. Fantastic tag,lots to look at and drool over!!! Love the way we all picked different sets, exciting to see what we all did. x

Gillian .... said...

Hi Michelle, wow this tag is gorgeous, love the subtle crackle effect in the background, the colour tones are beautiful as is the glossy red berries. Look forward to sharing this DT journey with you:) x

Wendy Fraser said...

That's a tag and a half! LOVE it xx

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And it must be a big tag! I know how big that stamp is LOL! Kim

Helen said...

Congratulations on getting on the design team!!! I love what you've done on this big tag, the colours layers look great. Helen

Marjie Kemper said...

Congratulations, Michelle! What a wonderful DT you are part of... I cannot wait to see what you all create! Today's tag is absolutely lovely. I just love how you colored Santa and the foliage, and can't wait to see what other makes you share. Rock on, girl!

Sandy said...

Congratulations sweet lady!!! They are luck to have you. Really nice tag Hon!!
sandy

patcrafts said...

Congratulations on becoming a member of Creative Expressions DT, fabulous. Love your Christmas tag it has a real vintage feel to it. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...