Saturday 12 January 2013

PaperArtsy Project No.4 - Calendar Journal

Now anyone who knows me knows that my two favourite muse's since I started this arty adventure are Dina Wakely and Kate Crane

Dina uses colours that I swoon over every time, I just love the way she combines colours, and her canvas's, & journal/scrapbook pages have me thinking..."Oooo I wanna do that colour combo" and Kate has this wonderful knack for spotting great new ideas and techniques, as well as making the most exquisite projects always guaranteed to inspire me.  

I spotted the Gelli Arts Plate ages ago, but was unsure about the results until I saw (and touched) some of Kate Crane's wonderful journal pages where she used one.
That was it, it was confirmed, I wanted to have a go.
The results are much more amazing with the naked eye.

Kate also got some carving rubber and made her own stamps too.
Something else I'm definitely going to have a go with.

One of my favourite trends at the moment is Calendar Art Journaling (Kate's 2012 pages).
Here's Kate's first blog post about Calendar Art Journaling, from December 2009.
The trend has been going for years but Kate's been involved in a bit of a revival right now.


It's such a great way of filling your art journal with gorgeous arty pages and recording what you were doing over the year. I can't tell you how brilliant it is reading it back, it makes me giggle every time.
Kate has introduced a great new Facebook group just for Calendar Art Journaling too, so please come along and join in the fun. 

I'm having an incredible start to the year being one of Leandra's guest designers for PaperArtsy. So this was inevitably going to feature heavily in my Calendar Art Journal.

Here are my pages for January 2013 below.
You can see the full pages on the PaperArtsy blog.


This is my last post for PaperArtsy for January, but wait!.... it doesn't stop there, there are more amazing designers being introduced every week. So check out the PaperArtsy blog tomorrow to see who the next designer will be. I'll be back for PaperArtsy in the second week in February, March and April too, so please come back and see what new projects I've made with their wonderful Fresco Finish paints and stamps.

Thank you for popping by and leaving me your wonderful comments
Michelle xx

11 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Seen the whole project gorgeous..yummy ,..fab there that covers it I think! Trace x

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful!! And thanks for the big shout out! You have coloured your image fantastically well - I thought it was a digi image! Great work Michelle ;-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful page.

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, went over for a look at the whole page and think it is amazing. Sorry your stint is over for the moment but looking forward to when you come back again. Hugs, Anne x

Evil Edna said...

Beautiful and I love how you have coloured wenchie.EE

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like a stunning page from here... off to have a look at the whole thing. Congratulations on an amazing first week, Michelle - you've absolutely rocked these products, and it's clear your amazing projects have really made waves in Craftyblogland; I read about them everywhere I go!! Whoop, whoop!!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Oh wow I love it.
Really beautiful calendar page.
Amazing stamping work.
Love it.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work again Michelle, the colours you've used are absolutely stunning. What a fantastic first week ! Sue C x

Karin said...

the whole page looks amazing! greetings Karin

Sandy said...

I saw the whole project too Michelle - gorgeous art work and you are amazing.
Sandyh

Gas Contractors Spring Valley said...

Nice blog thanks for posting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...