Sunday 23 February 2014

A Monster Birthday!

Ok my life has been a bit of a roller coaster lately, working fulltime, teaching at the weekends and my Mum in hospital with a serious illness. I'm wondering when will it all end. :(

Hopefully the consultancy work I'm doing will be coming to an end in the next couple of weeks and I should have more time to care for my Mum and get some me time in the craft room too. Please be patient with me, normal service will resume at some point. xx

I'm still creating, but mostly making class projects, which I can share on here once I've done them :)
Here's a little snippet of a mixed-media canvas I'm working on right now.


I made this card for my Son's birthday and I thought it would be nice to share it.


I've used Dylusions stamps and spray inks. I love the grey theme, it makes it more sinister.


I've also used lots of stencils to add hidden layers of inks.




My Son loved his card. 
Hope you're having a good day especially with the sunshine being out today :)

14 comments:

Josie said...

I love that card, it makes a great change from all those pink and girly ones! Hoping you have a bit more time both for yourself and for your Mum soon x

Helen said...

I love his card too!! Hope your life settles down soon and you get some "you" crafting time... and for your Mum xx

Unknown said...

Love the card and the canvas looks intriguing lovely colours!

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds as though you've really been going through the mill - do hope life gives you some more time for yourself soon.

Fabulous card - amazing inky depths, and I hope we'll get to see more of that canvas in due course - it's looking very cool.

Look after yourself too...
Alison xx

Kaz Hall said...

gorgeous makes hun xxx
so sorry your mum is poorly....sending healing hugs, be kind to yourself and make some YOU time xxx much love

kaz x

maj. said...

This is wonderful card! So cute and happy!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, das ist total klasse...very nice.

LG Carola

Evil Edna said...

cool card, sorry to hear about your mum, sending good vibes. EE

Crafty Humphreys said...

Hi Michelle. LOVE the card, just so cool. Hope you are ok with so much going on, I know how it feels (you might remember me from your workshop at AFTH last year) My daughter is still in hospital, 8 months now. But hoping she might come out tomorrow and all our lives can become a little easier!. Look forward to seeing the rest of the canvas. Wish you were a bit closer so I could do more of your workshops, love it! Suz (Surrey Crafts) xxx

Helen said...

So sorry to hear your mum isn't well. Hope things look up soon. I love your son's card and the colour suits the stamps perfectly. Sending you a cyber squishy hug! Helen

Redanne said...

Hi Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and with all that work no wonder you have not had time to blog or craft! I hope everything settles soon and that your Mum makes a good recover.

Love the background you have created on your canvas. Your Son's card is brilliant! Hugs, Anne xx

Nan G said...

So sorry to hear your Mum is not well. Hope she is doing better. Love love the birthday card! It rocks! Hugs

massofhair said...

Sorry to hear all is not well, hoping things improve very quickly for you all.

Wonderful fun card for your Son, can see why he loved it :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

I hope your mum gets better soon. That is a fantastic card, not surprised your son loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...